Temple Emanu-El is unique in allocating funds raised on Yom Kippur and throughout the year for programs and services for those in need. Each year, the Congregation raises and allocates approximately $1 million to worthy causes.
Your gift to the Philanthropic Fund provides support for:
- Providing aid for natural disasters
- Fostering the growth of Reform Jewish life and efforts to strengthen Jewish identity in New York City, across the US, in Israel and around the world
- Social service programs throughout New York City addressing poverty, food insecurity and the indigent elderly population
- Sustaining Emanu-El’s own community outreach programs, including the Sunday Lunch, Thanksgiving, Second Seder, and tikkun olam initiatives
- Advancing interfaith dialogue and collaboration
To make your gift by credit card over the phone, please contact Gila Drazen in the Development Office at 212-507-9525.
Ways to Give
Select an option for more information
More Powerful Together. A gift to the Temple Emanu-El Philanthropic Fund is an affirmation of our long-standing congregational history of impacting lives.
“…our involvement in the messiness of the world…Though the world may at times appear to be deaf to Torah’s message of justice and compassion and peace, in this synagogue we shall proclaim it, and act upon it, and do what we believe must be done, to beat this broken world back into shape.”
~Rabbi Joshua M. Davidson
In 5778, over $1,000,000 was raised through the generosity of our membership and distributed to carefully vetted institutions and initiatives.