Celebrate the hope and promise of the coming year. Click below for a schedule and links to our live and on-demand services, as well as special holiday videos and activities.
Worship at Emanu-El is a singular experience: inspiring words of wisdom, beautiful music and the warmth of our community in one of the largest and majestic temples in the world. Shabbat services are open to members of our congregation, their guests, and anyone who would like to worship with us in peace.
New Guidelines for In-Person Shabbat Worship
- Pre-registration is no longer required to attend in-person Shabbat services or life-cycle events.
- Those joining us in person must provide proof of vaccination or negative results from a PCR test taken within 72 hours of the service upon entry.
- Masks must be worn inside the temple at all times.
- 6-foot social distancing will no longer be required inside the temple.
- Unvaccinated children aged 16 and under may attend services in the company of a vaccinated adult.
- Worried you might forget your proof of vaccination? Use your smartphone to take a picture of the front and back of your official vaccination record card to show us upon entry.
- Alternatively, use the NYS Excelsior Pass to keep your proof of vaccination with you wherever you go. Click here to learn more.
Questions? Please contact us at (212) 744-1400 or .
April 3, 2020 – 6:00 PM
Teen Leadership Shabbat
April 4, 2020 – 10:30 AM
Preaching: Rabbi Rachel Gross-Prinz
April 3 and 4, 2020
|Friday Night||Saturday Morning|
|5:45 PM – Organ Recital||9:15 AM — Torah Study|
|6:00 PM – Services||10:15 AM – Organ Recital|
|After Services – Oneg Shabbat||10:30 AM – Services|
|Selichot||September 21, 2019|
|Rosh Hashanah||September 29 – 30, 2019|
|Yom Kippur||October 8 – 9, 2019|
|Sukkot||October 13 – 14, 2019|
|Sh’mini Atzeret/Simchat Torah||October 20 – 21, 2019|
|Chanukah||December 22 – 30, 2019|
|Purim||March 9 – 10, 2020|
|Passover||April 8 – 15, 2020|
|Shavuot||May 28 – 29, 2020|
We welcome you to watch services through our livestream. Click here to view our broadcast page.
Daily Sunset Services
Coordinated by our Men’s Club, Sunset Services take place Sunday to Thursday at 5:30 PM and will be livestreamed ONLY. Click here to view our broadcast page.
Weekly Torah Study
Please Note: Weekly Torah Study is on summer recess and will resume on September 18th
Need assistance? Contact the Temple Office:
Attending services at Emanu-El?
- Enter through our main doors on 5th Avenue. During summer months, services are held in Beth-El Chapel. For all other months of the year, services will be in our 5th Avenue Sanctuary.
- T-Coil devices are available for the hearing impaired.
- All visitors are required to process through our security scanners for all services and events.
- All bags are subject to search by security personnel. Large bags and cases will be secured in the lobbies during services.
- To preserve the sanctity of our services, no photographs and kindly silence your mobile phone.