Worship at Emanu-El is a singular experience: inspiring words of wisdom, beautiful music and the warmth of our community in one of the largest and majestic temples in the world. Shabbat services are open to members of our congregation, their guests, and anyone who would like to worship with us in peace.
|Friday Night||Saturday Morning|
|5:45 PM – Organ Recital||9:15 AM – Torah Study|
|6:00 PM – Services||10:15 AM – Organ Recital|
|After Services – Oneg Shabbat||10:30 AM – Services|
|Selchot||September 1, 2018|
|Rosh Hashanah||September 09 – 10, 2018|
|Yom Kippur||September 18 – 19, 2018|
|Sukkot||September 23 – October 1, 2018|
|Sh’mini Atzeret/Simchat Torah||September 30 – October 1, 2018|
|Chanukah||December 2 – 10, 2018|
|Purim||March 20 – 21, 2019|
|Passover||April 19 – 26, 2019|
|Yom HaShoah||May 2, 2019|
|Shavuot||June 8 – 9, 2019|
If you can not visit our temple in person, we welcome you to watch services through our live stream. Click here to link to our broadcast page.
Daily Sunset Services
Coordinated by our Men’s Club, Sunset Services take place Sunday to Thursday at 5:30 PM in Greenwald Hall. Enter at One East 65th Street.
Weekly Torah Study
Saturdays | 9:15 AM | One East 65th Street
Through engaging, thoughtful conversation and lively debate, we plumb the depths of our most important sacred text and discover the personalities, challenges and themes in the narratives that still affect our lives today. Note: our Torah Study breaks for the summer, around the middle/end of May and begins again in early September.
Weekly Talmud Class
Wednesdays | 6:15 PM to 7:15 PM | One East 65th Street
This year’s class, led by Rabbi Philip Hiat, will study the first of the six chapters that comprise Mishnah. No Talmud or Hebrew background is required.
Attending services at Emanu-El?
- Enter through our main doors on 5th Avenue. During summer months, services are held in Beth-El Chapel. For all other months of the year, services will be in our 5th Avenue Sanctuary.
- T-Coil devices are available for the hearing impaired.
- All visitors are required to process through our security scanners for all services and events.
- All bags are subject to search by security personnel. Large bags and cases will be secured in the lobbies during services.
- To preserve the sanctity of our services, no photographs and kindly silence your mobile phone.
Need assistance? Contact the Temple Office: