View our 5782 High Holy Days sermons on demand by clicking the icon above
Worship at Emanu-El is a singular experience: inspiring words of wisdom, beautiful music and the warmth of our community in one of the largest and majestic temples in the world. Shabbat services are open to members of our congregation, their guests, and anyone who would like to worship with us in peace.
New Guidelines for In-Person Shabbat Worship
- Pre-registration is no longer required to attend in-person Shabbat services.
- Those joining us in person must provide proof of vaccination upon entry.
- Masks must be worn inside the temple at all times.
- Six-foot social distancing will be required inside the temple.
- Unvaccinated children aged 11 and under may attend services in the company of a vaccinated adult.
- Worried you might forget your proof of vaccination? Use your smartphone to take a picture of the front and back of your official vaccination record card to show us upon entry.
- Alternatively, use the NYS Excelsior Pass to keep your proof of vaccination with you wherever you go. Click here to learn more.
Questions? Please contact us at 212-744-1400 or .
May 27, 2022 – 6:00 PM
Speaker: Rabbi Andrue J. Kahn
May 28, 2022 – 10:30 AM
Speaker: Cantor Lori Corrsin
April 3 and 4, 2020
Congregants are always welcome to send us their Torah commentary. If you would like to contribute, please contact to learn more.
|Friday Night||Saturday Morning|
|5:45 PM – Organ Recital||9:15 AM — Torah Study|
|6:00 PM – Services||10:15 AM – Organ Recital|
|After Services – Oneg Shabbat||10:30 AM – Services|
|Selichot||September 21, 2019|
|Rosh Hashanah||September 29 – 30, 2019|
|Yom Kippur||October 8 – 9, 2019|
|Sukkot||October 13 – 14, 2019|
|Sh’mini Atzeret/Simchat Torah||October 20 – 21, 2019|
|Chanukah||December 22 – 30, 2019|
|Purim||March 9 – 10, 2020|
|Passover||April 8 – 15, 2020|
|Shavuot||May 28 – 29, 2020|
Daily Sunset Services
Coordinated by our Men’s Club, Sunset Services take place Sunday to Thursday at 5:30 PM. Visit Experience Emanu-El for our livestream and a PDF of the prayer book. Virtual services are available online via our YouTube or on Facebook.
Weekly Torah Study
For Temple Members: Through engaging, thoughtful conversation and lively debate, we plumb the depths of our most important sacred text and discover the personalities, challenges and themes in the narratives that still affect our lives today. If you are a temple member and wish to join us for Torah Study, please email us at for the Zoom link and/or for information regarding in-person Covid protocols. Click here for updated Covid guidelines.
Need assistance? Contact the Temple Office:
Attending services at Emanu-El?
- Enter through our main doors on Fifth Avenue. During summer months, services are held in Beth-El Chapel. For all other months of the year, services will be in our Fifth Avenue Sanctuary.
- T-Coil devices are available for the hearing impaired.
- All visitors are required to process through our security scanners for all services and events.
- All bags are subject to search by security personnel. Large bags and cases will be secured in the lobbies during services.
- To preserve the sanctity of our services, no photographs and kindly silence your mobile phone.