Temple Emanu-El’s Nursery School provides a warm, comfortable environment in which children can develop emotionally, cognitively and physically. Our goal is for each child to have a positive first school experience. We support and work with our families for the benefit of the child.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The play-based curriculum of our Nursery School is designed to support the following goals:
- Fostering a child’s social and emotional growth
- Teaching a child self-control
- Learning to take turns and share
- Understanding the give and take that conversation requires
- Respecting limits
- Understanding the need for the personal space of classmates
- Tolerating frustration in order to reach a goal
- Developing empathy and sympathy
- Learning to follow rules and directions
- Developing respect for peers and teachers
- Facilitating healthy separation from parents
- Fostering a child’s growing sense of independence
We believe that these skills prepare a child for future success in school and in life. Preschool is the only time in a child’s education when he or she has the opportunity to focus on these important qualities and develop a lifelong love of learning.