Applying to Nursery School
Thank you for your interest in Temple Emanu-El Nursery School!
- To apply, your child must be at least two years and three months of age by September 30 of the year they will be attending.
- Temple membership is not required to apply or enroll.
- We observe Jewish holidays with our children; however, we welcome children from diverse ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds.
- It has long been our policy to give priority to members of the Congregation and siblings with respect to admission to the Nursery School. However, that priority does not guarantee admission. Temple members do receive a reduction in tuition. All admission decisions will be emailed in accordance with dates set by the Independent Schools Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY).
- Applications open the day after Labor Day. As required by ISAAGNY, we will not review any applications until this day.
- We know that applying to nursery school can be stressful! Our goal is to make this process as comfortable and easy as possible for your family. Please reach out to us at any point with any questions or concerns.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Please pay the $80 application fee and submit your application using the tabs below.
- Please email a recent family photo to Susanne Fischer at .
- After your application and fee have been received, we will email you a date for a small group tour where you will meet with a member of the administration and learn more about our program and facilities. We strongly encourage all parents in your family to attend.
- After the Group Tour, you will receive a Sign-Up Genius link for an individual virtual Zoom parent meeting with a member of the administration. We will discuss your child and answer any questions you may have. This meeting will last about twenty minutes.
- We request that applicant families submit a short, unscripted video (under two minutes) of your child doing something meaningful to him/her. This video can be recorded on your phone. Please use WeTransfer or Vimeo to submit the video to Susanne Fischer at . If you use Vimeo, please make sure to enable download. Please include the child and parent(s) names.
If you have any questions, please email or call Susanne Fischer: , 212-507-9531. We look forward to meeting you!
Thank you for your interest in Temple Emanu-El’s Nursery School!
Children must be 2 years and 3 months or older by September 30 to be admitted.
Temple membership is not required to apply or enroll.
We observe Jewish holidays with our children; however, we welcome children from diverse ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds.
As required by the Independent Schools Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY) rules, we will not review any applications until after Labor Day.
Completed applications should be mailed by October 31 to:
Temple Emanu-El Nursery School
One East 65th Street
New York, New York 10065
With your application, please include the following:
- $75 application fee for each child. Make check payable to Congregation Emanu-El.
- One small, recent photo of your family. Print your name on the back.
Upon receipt of completed applications…
We will email a date for a one-hour group tour for parents only. At this time, you will meet with the director for an overview of the program and a tour of the school. Tours are held on Mondays and Thursdays at 10 AM through mid-December. We strongly encourage both parents to attend. To make a specific request for one of these days of the week, please note this on your application.
When parents come for their tour, we provide a date to bring your child for a school visit and play session. Six children meet for a group play session with four members of our staff. We ask that one parent accompany the child for this appointment.
As required by the Independent Schools Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY) rules, we will not review any applications until after Labor Day. All decisions will be emailed in accordance with dates set by ISAAGNY.
Preference is given to temple members, but membership does not guarantee admission. Temple members do receive a reduction in tuition.