Applying to Nursery School
Thank you for your interest in Temple Emanu-El Nursery School!
- We know that applying to nursery school can be stressful! Our goal is to make this process as comfortable and easy as possible for your family. Please reach out to us at any point with any questions or concerns.
- To apply, your child must be at least two years and three months of age by September 30th of the year they will be attending.
- Temple membership is not required to apply or enroll.
- We observe Jewish holidays with our children; however, we welcome children from diverse ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds.
- It has long been our policy to give priority to members of the Congregation and siblings with respect to admission to the Nursery School. However, that priority does not guarantee admission. Temple members do receive a reduction in tuition. All admission decisions will be emailed in accordance with dates set by the Independent Schools Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY).
Thursday, February 29, 2024: Admissions Notification
Thursday, March 7, 2024: Admissions Reply
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
We begin reviewing applications the day after Labor Day. We look forward to getting to know your family!
- Once we have received your application and fee, you will be able to schedule a date for a small group in-person tour where you will meet with a member of the administration and learn more about our program and facilities. We strongly encourage all parents in your family to attend.
- After the group tour, you will be able to sign up for an individual Zoom parent meeting with a member of the administration. We will discuss your child and answer any questions you may have. This meeting will last about twenty minutes.
- Applicant families will be asked to submit a photo of your child, a family photo, and a short, unscripted video (under two minutes) of your child doing something meaningful to them. This video can be recorded on your phone.
New York, NY 10065