Join the A-TEEM
- Be a leader in the Religious School, interact with students and help shape the program
- Gain new skills and develop new interests while earning money or community-service credit
- Forge new relationships with peers, clergy, staff and the greater temple community
A-TEEM student leaders work in the school office, interact with students and engage in Jewish study. School days are divided between administrative duties, hands-on involvement with students and skills training.
A-TEEM members are supervised by Rachel Brumberg, our Associate Director of Lifelong Learning. Workshops and learning sessions will be taught by temple clergy, Lifelong Learning staff and Religious School faculty. A-TEEM participants also have opportunities throughout the year to interact with other members of the teen community.
A-TEEM takes place primarily during Religious School hours. A-TEEM members will pick one day per week in which to participate throughout the school year:
- Sundays, 9 AM to 12 PM; involvement with students in Pre-K through Grade 7
- Mondays, 3:30 PM to 6 PM; involvement with students in Pre-K through Grade 4
In addition to the weekly hours, the A-TEEM program includes an orientation and three additional Sunday Seminars over the course of the year. These skill- and community-building seminars take place outside of school hours.
A-TEEM members earn a stipend for their participation in this program. Participants may be eligible to earn community-service credit in lieu of a stipend, if approved by their school.
We are looking for creative and dedicated high school students who are interested in gaining new skills, learning about different aspects of congregational education, working as role models to younger students, and increasing students’ knowledge of and connection to Judaism. Please note, in order to participate in the A-TEEM, the applicant’s legal guardian must be a member of Congregation Emanu-El.
To apply to become a part of A-TEEM, or for more information, contact Rachel Brumberg or call (212) 507-9526.