Important notes to get your group going.
You are a sacred piece of something big…
What is Gather?
Gather is Emanu-El’s small groups initiative, bringing together congregants from across our community to learn, connect, and grow. These lay-led groups are based upon a range of topics, igniting marvelous conversations and dialogue. In these small groups, meaningful friendships are formed and congregants truly get to know one another. Gather is one of the ways we make our larger congregation feel small.
Curious about Gather? Please reach out to us with any questions at .
Gather members can be expected to…
- Develop real and honest relationships.
- Help foster an inclusive space where all can share comfortably.
- Create a place where members are present for each other.
- Support group members in times of need and celebrate in times of joy.
NEW! Calligraphy and
NEW! Supreme Court
A Journey With Music
and the Arts
Brush Up Your
Explore Modern & Biblical Models of Leadership
Mentorship & Networking
(Investment Banking, Finance and Law)
State of the World:
Multi-Generational Current Events Group
Gather is a partnership between lay leaders, staff and clergy.
Clergy Liaison, Gather Vision Committee
Gather Vision Chair
Membership Liaison, Gather Vision Committee
Need assistance to start your Gather group? Contact Rabbi Sara Y. Sapadin: 212-744-1400 ext. 501
Recommendations for making a meaningful Gather group.
Q & A
Need an Idea?
How about these…
- Justice and Jewish Thought Discussion Group
- LGBTQ Torah Study + Culture Club
- Ask Big Questions: 8 gatherings, 8 different coffee shops, 8 different BIG questions
- Life: A Walk in the Park (walking group)
- NYC Adventures: New experiences, new connections
- Humility, Patience and Truth: A Gather group to reflect on Jewish values & Contemporary Life
- Men Who Talk: Judaism and Medical Ethics
- Emanu El Runs: Raise your heartrate and big issues
- Shabbat Potluck
- Cocktails and Torah