Mitzvah Day started in 2005 as a way to increase awareness and create a greater sense of community among Temple Emanu-El congregants while helping others. Temple members of all ages are invited to join us at 10:15 AM in I.M. Wise Hall, where we will have a light breakfast, congregational prayer and a variety of hands-on projects to benefit others in the community.
Please join our Temple Community as adults and children work side by side. All congregants will be able to participate and provide a connection in helping those in need.
Many volunteers are needed to assemble over 2,000 packages for projects like:
- Activity Boxes for the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore
- Welcome Packages for Good Shepherd Residence for young girls who are living within the foster care system
- Holiday Fun Packages for the New York Council on Adoptable Children
- Mommy & Me Diaper Bags for Project Sunshine
- Essential Packages for the Bowery Mission
- Milk & Cookies for Jan Hus and New York Center for Children
- Arrival Kits for the Children’s Village
Questions? Contact the Tikkun Olam Committee at 212-744-1400 ext. 452 or email@example.com.
Even the youngest child can learn to help others! Sing with your little Mitzvah Maker, from 9:45 – 10:15 in room 402. At 10:15, join the congregational Mitzvah Day in the Wise Hall and add your hands to the Young Families’ special project. Be part of a morning filled with community, kindness, and joy. Please contact the Tikkun Olam Committee for registration.