We continue to review our Covid policy to ensure it follows New York City and State, CDC and WHO guidelines. Please note this policy is subject to change.
Congregants, Guests and Visitors
- All entrants to the temple are required to be fully vaccinated to participate in temple programs and events. The temple is no longer checking vaccination status at the door.
- Masks will be recommended and optional for all congregants, guests and visitors. The temple will continue to provide KN95 masks at entry and at programs.
- There will no longer be a mask-only section at worship and events.
- Members should stay home when they do not feel well or are exhibiting signs of Covid.
- Members may return to 5 days after onset of symptoms, or 5 days after the date of the positive test if symptoms are improving and they have not had a fever for 24 hours (without antipyretic medications such as aspirin or Tylenol).
- Members do not have to test to return, but must wear a tight-fitting mask for 10 days after they return.
- Members who are immunocompromised or in high-risk categories should consult with their medical doctors prior to participating in worship or other programs.
- B’nei Mitzvah families and families marking lifecycle events (baby naming, bris, funeral, wedding) do not need to wear masks on the bimah or test prior to services or events.
- Family members who travel to the temple from outside NYC and will be on the bimah are encouraged to rapid test prior to services and to wear masks if they had significant exposure during their travels.
- Photo sessions may take place prior to services or events.
Religious School Students
- The Religious School remains mask optional.
- All students must present proof of vaccination prior to the start of school unless they have provided proof of vaccination.
- For students who have not yet turned five years old, proof of the first vaccination shot must be provided prior to the start of religious school.
- Students may return to class 5 days after onset of symptoms, or 5 days after the date of the positive test if symptoms are improving and they have not had a fever for 24 hours (without antipyretic medications such as aspirin or Tylenol).
- Students do not have to test to return, but must wear a tight-fitting mask for 5 days after they return.
- Please note that the nursery school will have additional specific statutory guidelines per the NYC Department of Health guidelines.
Temple Emanu-El is bound to follow all New York State and City reopening regulations and procedures at this time. We regret any inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your understanding.