Updated January 5, 2022
For the moment, our professional and lay leadership in conversation with our epidemiologist have decided on the following precautions to help keep everyone as safe as possible:
- Our congregational worship services will remain online only at least this week and next. This includes our Martin Luther King, Jr. Shabbat Service on January 14.
- Streicker Center programs will remain online only for the next few weeks.
- We will host life-cycle events in person—for small groups only—in our sanctuary.
- Our Nursery School will reopen for in-person classes starting Monday, January 10.
- Beginning in February, all employees, members, and guests who are eligible will be asked to provide proof of a vaccination booster on entering our campus.
We will reevaluate conditions and update our status in mid-January.
While we share your concern during this challenging time, and we will miss your presence in our sanctuary, we will get through this together. As our sign on Fifth Avenue says, “Chazak Chazak V’nitchazek—Be strong, be strong, and we will strengthen each other.”
If you are a temple member, remember that we are here for you, and if we can assist you in any way, please reach out to us – or 212-507-9514.
Temple Emanu-El is bound to follow all New York State and City reopening regulations and procedures at this time. We regret any inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your understanding.