Tikkun Olam: Volunteer Opportunities with HIAS
HIAS is currently listing volunteer opportunities in New York to help welcome refugees and asylum seekers as they begin their lives as new Americans.
1. Click here to fill in an application to create a volunteer profile with HIAS
2. Register for a Volunteer Information Session Webinar.
3. Fill out a full Volunteer Application.
4. HIAS will review your application and may invite you to an in-person interview at HIAS’ office in midtown Manhattan
5. If qualified, you will be matched with a volunteer opportunity.
Please note that volunteers who work directly with HIAS’ clients will be required to undergo an online criminal background check.
6. Complete HIAS’ volunteer training(s) and review their online resources to prepare for your volunteer assignment.