Supporting Ukraine: Donate to Emanu-El’s Relief Effort
Temple Emanu-El expresses our thanks for your support of our Ukrainian relief efforts. The generosity of our members and livestream community has enabled us to make additional contributions to these organizations, which are focused on helping the Ukrainian people and their Jewish community.
- Providing additional funds for their humanitarian work at the refugee camp in Moldova.
- World Central Kitchen
- Supporting the #chefsforukraine program, which provides millions of meals for those affected by the crisis in Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Moldova and Hungary.
- Hillel International
- Supporting Hillel Centers in Eastern Europe that are being utilized to provide housing for refugees.
- Israel Movement for Reform and Progressive Judaism (IMPJ)
- Assisting Ukrainian refugees and new immigrants in Israel and aiding their integration into Israeli life, including funds for women’s empowerment, pastoral care and counseling, and Passover Seders.
- Rabin Field Hospital
- Helping to finance the construction of a new advanced field hospital in Western Ukraine.
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC)
- Working to aid the most vulnerable populations by providing aid for food and medicine, displacement assistance, and other social supports to help the Jewish community in Ukraine. Prior to the war, it encompassed up to 200,000 long-term residents.
- AFYA Foundation
- The congregation partners with AFYA on a regular basis. We are currently collecting humanitarian supplies for Ukraine, and the funds raised will help AFYA’s efforts to transport supplies into the conflict zone, as well as to purchase medical tools for surgical and wound care that are desperately needed in Ukraine.
- Dror Israel
- Providing support for emergency day care programs for children and teens at refugee camps in Poland and at new immigrant absorption centers in Israel.
To contribute to this vital and ongoing humanitarian effort, click the button below to donate to our Philanthropic Fund.
Ukraine Relief – Humanitarian Supplies are Still Needed
Tikkun Olam extends a huge thank you to all who have supported and donated to the Ukraine Drive so far. Thousands of items were donated, but we are still in need of more.
Pictured: Temple Emanu-El’s First Delivery to the AFYA Foundation to assist the people of the Ukraine
If you would like to contribute to the relief effort, please bring the listed items to drop-off locations in the 65th and 66th Street lobbies during regular business hours. Or you may drop off in the Fifth Avenue lobby before Shabbat Worship services. Please donate items from the list below ONLY. Items not on the list will be discarded.
- Batteries for flashlights
- First aid kits
- Personal hygiene kits:
- Dental floss
- Shaving cream
- Face masks
- Baby diapers
- Adult diapers
- Hand sanitizer
- OTC kits:
- Cough medicine
- Ace bandages
- Compression bandages
New York, NY 10065