There is no charge to attend, but space is limited and registration is required.
Days of Awesome 5782
3 weeks of online activities beginning September 12
- For children in grades 3-6 (Sundays) and PK-6 (Mondays)
- Open to members and nonmembers
Sign up now to try out our Religious School with three weeks of special activities to celebrate the High Holy Days. Drop-in for a single session or sign up for one session each week at the dates and times that work for you. All sessions are held on Zoom; some activities require adult supervision or a second electronic device.
There is no charge to attend these sessions, but space is limited and registration is required to receive the private Zoom link. All Religious School families that have already enrolled for the virtual school year will be sent this link by email.
Session #1: Every Year is a New Beginning
Why do we blow the shofar, an ancient musical instrument made from a ram’s horn, on Rosh HaShanah, the Jewish new year, and on Yom Kippur, the Day of Forgiveness? It reminds us to recognize the good in the world around us and to pay attention to how we treat others. Learn the three time-tested steps for asking for, and offering, forgiveness for mistakes.
- Sunday, September 12 – 10:30am-11:30am (zoom opens at 10:15am)
- Monday, September 13 – 4:15pm-5:15pm (zoom opens at 4:00pm)
Session #2: To Everything there is a Season
On Sukkot, we joyfully realize how we can be satisfied with just a little, and how together we can find meaning in all of life’s moments. Revisit words that our ancestors used in moments of wonder to remember to experience life to the fullest.
- Sunday, September 19 – 10:30am-11:30am (zoom opens at 10:15am)
- Monday, September 20 – 4:15pm-5:15pm (zoom opens at 4:00pm)
- followed by Congregation Emanu-El Sukkot family worship service at 5:15pm
Session #3: Torah: The Story of the People of the Book
Simchat Torah is a big dance party in honor of our most sacred book of wisdom and the stories of our great-great-great-grandparents. We’ll learn some of their stories of overcoming hardship and being strengthened, and share our own stories of times of joy and sadness as we have gone through both good and hard times.
- Sunday, September 26 – 10:30am-11:30am (zoom opens at 10:15am)
- Monday, September 27 – 4:15pm-5:15pm (zoom opens at 4:00pm)
- followed by Congregation Emanu-El Simchat Torah family worship service