Job Title: Social Media & Communications Associate
Reports to: Director of Communications
Congregation Emanu-El of the City of New York is seeking a Social Media & Communications Associate (SMCA) for its communications team to help build upon its broad marketing and communications initiatives, specifically centered upon our emerging social media presence and recently-designed website. The SMCA will join a dynamic administrative team, working directly with and reporting to the Director of Communications, and must possess a competent tactical skillset regarding the collection and curation of content to serve the overall messaging objectives of the temple. To that end, the SMCA is also expected to be capable with digital photography, video, and the use of media editing tools. Social media “listening” will also figure into this position, as well as reading, parsing, and furnishing regular analytic reports. The SMCA will also be called upon to edit, archive, and organize all content that is created or collected by the communications office. The SMCA may also be called upon to assist with a number of other initiatives, such as writing and layout for the six-yearly printed bulletins, various other print collateral, webpage creation and page updates (including calendar), and creating direct email campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Social Media & Communications Associate will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
· Attend temple events with the purpose of creating social media and website content
· Create, curate, schedule and/or post content to social media channels consistent with temple messaging objectives using social media management software
· Collect visual content (photos and video) at temple events and programs
· Edit, organize and archive all visual content
· Social media “listening” and analytics reporting
· Copywriting for social media and other temple publications and channels
· Various communications projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in the Humanities, Communications, Marketing or Journalism, or relevant subject.
· Experience creating, curating, and publishing audiovisual content as a representative of a business or institution. Nonprofit work a plus.
· Proficiency with WordPress CMS to post content on our website
· Ability to use image-editing software for resizing, cropping, color/tone correction, layering or adding text
· Ability to use video editing software such as Final Cut or Premiere
· Strong interpersonal skills, as well as time and project management.
· Attention to detail and professionalism.
· Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
· Able to work in most settings
· Flexibility to work staggered hours at times in order to cover evening or weekend events.
· Able to stand for up to two hours and lift/carry computer or photographic equipment.
ABOUT TEMPLE EMANU-EL
Congregation Emanu-El offers a warm and majestic environment to congregants while also acting as a bold leader in the greater New York Jewish community. Founded in 1845 by a small group of German Jews, Emanu-El has grown to become the biggest Reform Jewish prayer space in the world, home to one of the largest and most vibrant memberships in the country. Led by Senior Rabbi Joshua M. Davidson, it provides spiritual, religious, educational, and cultural programming to community members, guests, and visitors of all ages. The synagogue features a top-rated nursery school, an award-winning religious school, the Stettenheim Library, the Herbert & Eileen Bernard Judaica Museum, and the renowned Temple Emanu-El Streicker Center with bold Judaic, cultural, and socio-political adult educational programming.
Send resume and cover letter to Jackie Peterson, Communications Manager:
If submitting samples, digital portfolios only. Please, no phone calls or submissions by post.