High Holy Days seating reservations at Temple Emanu-El are a benefit of membership. Members are welcomed warmly any time of the year.
Special notices about reserving seats for the High Holy Days are sent with members’ annual dues statements, which are mailed in June each year (the start of our fiscal year). Renewal of seating is not automatic; renewal forms for 2016-2017 should be submitted to the Temple Office by the date specified. Members of the temple with existing seating assignments will have the opportunity at that time to reserve the same seats or to add, release or request to change their seats.
Tickets for the High Holy Days will be mailed to temple members with reserved seats during the week of September 12, 2016.
Persons wishing to become members of Temple Emanu-El and obtain seats for the High Holy Days first must complete a Temple Membership Application and Seating Preference Form. Current Temple members must RENEW their temple affiliation. Each member with a seating reservation will receive a set of tickets for all services. Members who are not planning to use their assigned seats during the High Holy Days are asked to release their seats so that we can make the seats at those specific services available to guests from other Reform congregations or guests of Emanu-El congregants and their families.
Additional items of importance:
- New this year... On Yom Kippur afternoon, we will conclude the High Holy Days together in the Fifth Avenue Sanctuary. Rather than holding two separate services at one-third capacity, we will hold one service where we can come together to mark the end of the Holy Days as a community with our new cantor and full clergy. To best serve all who are planning to attend on Yom Kippur afternoon, we ask that you send us confirmation of your attendance. If your seats are in the Fifth Avenue Sanctuary, then they will be honored; but if you do not plan to attend, we ask that you let us know so those seats can be reassigned. If your seats are in the Lowenstein Sanctuary, then please confirm that you plan to attend so that tickets can be issued to you in the Fifth Avenue Sanctuary. Please call (212) 507-9514 or email YKafternoon@emanuelnyc.org.
- Members wanting guest tickets for High Holy Day services must call (212) 507-9514.
There is a $125 processing fee per guest, per holiday.
- In addition to our formal High Holy Days services in the Fifth Avenue and Leon Lowenstein sanctuaries, Temple Emanu-El offers open seating at several other services appropriate for adults and children alike. Tickets are available at no extra charge for temple members. All are welcome! Learn more through our High Holy Days Guide »
- College students, both temple members and nonmembers, who do not already have seats are invited to join us for High Holy Days services in the Lowenstein Sanctuary (10 East 66th Street). Students must present a current college ID on the day of the service to enter.
- We also host community worship services, open to the public in I.M. Wise Hall (One East 65th Street), that feature audio from the Fifth Avenue Sanctuary services. No tickets needed.
All questions regarding seating and tickets should be directed to the Membership Office.
Back to Membership Application and Information